Cold pressed juice has gained popularity in recent years due to its health benefits. There are cold pressed juice bars popping up all over the city. Many people start off by trying a 3 day juice cleanse or 3 day juice fast, but many others just incorporate it into their daily diet as a form of extra veggies into their diet. We’re here to discuss the benefits of cold pressed juice and why you should consider adding it to your diet.
What is Cold Pressed Juice?
Cold pressed juice is made by using a hydraulic press to extract the juice from fruits and vegetables. Unlike traditional juicing methods, which use high-speed centrifugal force to extract juice, cold pressed juice is made at a much slower pace, which helps to preserve more of the nutrients in the juice. Cold pressed juices can include up to 3-5 times more the vitamins and nutrients than any other juicing method.
Benefits of Cold Pressed Juice
- High in Nutrients: Cold pressed juice is packed with nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. By drinking cold pressed juice, you can get all the benefits of fruits and vegetables in a single glass.
- Promotes Weight Loss: Many people have reported that drinking cold pressed juice has helped them to lose weight. The high nutrient content of the juice helps to keep you feeling full, so you are less likely to snack on unhealthy foods.
- Boosts Immunity: Cold pressed juice is rich in antioxidants, which help to strengthen the immune system. Drinking cold pressed juice regularly can help to reduce the risk of getting sick and may help to speed up recovery time.
- Improves Digestion: Cold pressed juice is easy to digest, and the nutrients in the juice are quickly absorbed by the body. This can help to improve digestion and may even help to reduce inflammation in the gut.
- Helps to Detoxify the Body: Cold pressed juice is a great way to detoxify the body. The high nutrient content of the juice helps to support the liver and kidneys, which are responsible for removing toxins from the body.
A study published in the Journal of Nutrition and Food Sciences found that cold pressed juice had significantly higher levels of vitamin C, folate, and phenolic compounds than traditional juice. Another study published in the Journal of Medicinal Food found that drinking cold pressed juice helped to reduce inflammation in the body and may have potential therapeutic benefits for certain health conditions.
Incorporating cold pressed juice into your diet can have numerous health benefits. From boosting immunity to promoting weight loss, there are plenty of reasons to give cold pressed juice a try. Just be sure to choose a high-quality juice that is made from fresh, organic ingredients.
An important factor that can affect the nutritional content of cold pressed juice is the process of pasteurization. Pasteurization is a heat treatment process that is used to kill harmful bacteria in the juice. However, this process can also destroy some of the beneficial nutrients and enzymes in the juice.
Many commercial brands of cold pressed juice use high-pressure processing (HPP) as an alternative to pasteurization. HPP uses high pressure to kill harmful bacteria while preserving the nutritional content of the juice. This process has been shown to be effective at reducing harmful bacteria while maintaining the nutritional value of the juice.
Not all cold pressed juices are created equal. When choosing a cold pressed juice, it’s important to look for brands that use glass bottles and high-pressure processing to preserve the nutritional content of the juice. By choosing a high-quality cold pressed juice, you can ensure that you are getting all the health benefits that cold pressed juice has to offer.
At Green Press, our juices are made with only certified ingredients and pressed daily. We press daily and get them delivered to our customers the very next day. We bottle the cold pressed juice in glass so you don’t have to worry about any chemicals leaching out into your juice from plastic bottles. You can also feel great about consuming it because you aren’t adding any junk to the current land fills! We also have a bottle recycling program that allows you to bring back your clean bottles and collect points $$ to be used for future purchases.
- Kamiloglu, S., et al. “Comparison of Nutrient Composition of Fresh Juice and Cold-Pressed Juice of Fruits and Vegetables.” Journal of Nutrition and Food Sciences, vol. 7, no. 6, 2017, doi: 10.4172/2155-9600.1000655.
- Effenberger-Neidnicht, K., et al. “Cold-pressed Juice as a Potential Source of Beneficial Effects on Human Health: A Critical Review.” Journal of Medicinal Food, vol. 23, no. 1, 2020, doi: 10.1089/jmf.2019.4521.