When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade! Or just squeeze them and keep the lemon juice for the many health benefits. Lemon juice is so versatile and you can do so much with it. Here’s why we love it so much!
How to use lemon juice:
- Add a splash to some warm water and drink on an empty stomach every morning.
- Use to remove stains on white clothing
- Make home made salad dressing. Olive oil, lemon juice, salt. For some added flavour you can add some herbs like dried mint leaves. Thank us later!
- Add a splash of lemon into some warm water, add a splash of ginger, pour some hot water, and voila! You’ve got yourself a delicious antibacterial ginger lemon tea.
Benefits of lemon juice:
- Source of iron. Lemon juice can help your body absorb iron more efficiently from other food sources, thus helping to prevent anemia.
- Liver detox and cleansing
- Helps to reduce bloating. Lemon juice helps with hydrochloric acid (HCL – the acid that breaks down the food in your stomach) thus helping to improve digestion. If you find that you are experiencing heart burn try drinking some lemon water 20 minutes before your meal. This will stimulate your stomach to create HCL which helps to improve breakdown of food in your stomach.
- Contains antioxidants. Helps to neutralize free radicals in your body that create inflammation and harm.
- Leaves an alkaline ash in your body helping to balance your body’s pH. We consume a regularly acidic diet. Disease thrives in acidic environments. Consuming alkalizing foods in your diet helps to offset this acidity.
- May help with skin appearance and reducing skin blemishes.
- May aid in your weight loss journey by incorporating warm lemon water to your morning routine.
- Lemons have natural diuretic properties. They can assist in the detox process and assist with fat burning.
With so many health benefits and ease of use, lemon juice is always a staple found in our fridge!