Ever see dandelion at the grocery store and wonder what on earth could you possibly make with this? When you hear about the benefits of dandelion you all of a sudden want to include it into your daily diet! We’ve got a delicious recipe for you to try out.
Middle Eastern Inspired Dandelion: “Hindbeh”
- 2 bunches of dandelion
- Olive oil
- 1 large onion
- Himalayan salt (or other salt)
- Wash 2 bunches of dandelion leaves.
- Chop up leaves and stems and boil for approx 20-25 min.
- As your dandelion is boiling, dice the onion into either small cubes or you can also slice into slivers.
- Sauté the onions until slightly caramelized
- Once the dandelion has boiled you need to strain the water. Grab small amounts of dandelion at a time and squeeze out the water and keep aside until you’ve done this to the entire batch.
- Add some olive oil to a pan and sauté the dandelion for a few minutes.
- Add the sautéed onions to the dandelion and mix well together on medium heat for a minute or so.
- After this you’re ready to serve this on a plate. Squeeze some lemon on top, sprinkle some salt and voila!
If you have a whole wheat pita bread, traditionally this is eaten with bread as an appetizer. Let us know what you think!