Let’s talk about the benefits of pumpkin seeds!
Aside from these little seeds being delicious they are packed with highly nutritious vitamins and minerals which means that they have so many benefits.
Here’s what you get with only 28 g of pumpkin seeds:
- 1.7 grams of Fiber
- 5 grams of Carbs
- 7 grams of Protein
- 13 grams of Omega-6 fatty acids
- 18% of RDI for Vitamin K
- 33% of the RDI for Phosphorus
- 42% of the RDI Manganese
- 37% of the RDI for Magnesium
- 23% of the RDI for Iron
- 14% of the RDI for Zinc
- 19% of the RDI for Copper
Evidence based benefits of Pumpkin seeds:
- Very high in antioxidants. Helps to protect against disease and the damages of free radicals.
- May help to improve Prostate and Bladder health. They can help to reduce the symptoms of benign prostate enlargement and an overactive bladder.
- Very high in magnesium. One of the best natural sources of magnesium. This helps to control blood pressure, blood sugar levels, as well as heart and bone health.
- Provide support for a healthy heart by reducing blood pressure and increasing good cholesterol.
- High in Fibre. Diets high in fibre are associated with reduced risk of heart disease, diabetes and obesity.
- May help to improve sperm quality and healthy due to the high amounts of Zinc. Low zinc has been linked to low sperm count and infertility in men.
- Contains natural tryptophan which promotes restful sleep.
Pumpkin seeds are SUPER easy to add to your diet. You can add to your smoothies, sprinkle on your salads or toasts, or just enjoy them raw!
However you choose to incorporate pumpkin seeds, make sure you include these in your diet to benefit from all the wonderful benefits they have to offer.